BIG NEWS: I made a Youtube Account! I love cooking and being a weirdo, so why not combine them into a youtube cooking show?
I will use my Youtube Account @DishesbyD to create videos that will make people laugh, and learn a recipe at the same time. Best of both worlds am I right!
The first recipe I filmed was called Godzilla Chicken. Weird name, right? Here’s the back story: I went to Harry’s Italian Restaurant in Manhattan, and being the geek that I am, ordered the Godzilla Chicken without having a clue what is was(seriously there was no description and I liked the mystery behind it). The waiter laughed and said “great choice.”
He wasn’t kidding.
This may have been the best choice I’ve ever made. For real.
But let’s be honest. I can’t afford to go to Harry’s every day, or week, or month for that matter (i’m ballin on a budget, okay). So I was determined to recreate this recipe and make it for my family.
I think I did a pretty great job – but you can determine that for yourself.
Check out the video here, and subscribe to my channel if you want to keep watching me goof off in the kitchen while creating my favorite meals!
- For the chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk/cream mixture
- 2 cups Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cups Vegetable Oil
- For the Bruschetta:
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 white onions
- 1 garlic clove
- handful of fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Lemon rind
- Lemon slices
- Pound chicken breast into think cutlets
- Dip chicken in flour, then milk, then breadcrumbs
- Heat oil in frying pan to 350°
- Place chicken in oil. Fry on each side for 5-7 minutes – until golden brown
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients of bruschetta together.
- Lay arugula down on serving plate
- Place chicken cutlets on top of arugula
- Top with bruschetta & lemon slices