I am a big fan of brussels sprouts. Big, big fan. My mother on the other hand, not so big of a fan. When I told her I wanted to make brussels sprouts as a side dish, she told me the only way she eats brussels sprouts is when they’re wrapped in bacon.
So, here we are. In an effort to get my mom to eat brussels sprouts and like them…bacon wrapped brussels sprouts.
My mom devoured these, and so will your brussels sprout hating friends and family members.
Let’s be honest, you can wrap anything in bacon and it’ll taste delicious, so these bacon wrapped brussels are just the beginning of my bacon wrapping journey.
Before wrapping, I dipped the bacon in brown sugar, creating the perfect salty, sweet, & savory side dish.
I hope you enjoy!
- 10 bacon slices (or more…depending on how many you want to make)
- 10 brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- tooth picks
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cut the ends of each brussels sprout.
- Dip bacon into brown sugar, covering both sides.
- Wrap bacon around brussels sprout & hold together with tooth pick.
- Bake for 30 mins – flipping after 15 mins.
How much easier does it get? 3 ingredients, and about 40 minutes later you’ll have a delicious, crowd pleasing appetizer or side.
If you love this recipe as much as I do (or my mom did) please recreate it and tag @dishesbyd ! 🙂