Trying to eat healthy but pizza is calling your name?
I know the feeling.
Salad pizza is the answer. It’s still pizza, without the guilt that comes along with it.
Honestly, I couldn’t live without the sauce and cheese that makes pizza so delicious. But, the salad on top does give it a fresh taste, and a nice crunch. You could very well leave off the cheese to make this pizza even healthier – but what you can’t see can’t hurt you, right?
Never feel guilty again – eat all the salad pizza you want.
- 1 package of pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup spinach/mixed greens
- 1/2 red onion
- feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll dough on a floured counter to preferred size. Place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Pinch ends of dough over ends of pan to form a crust.
- Spread olive oil over dough. Add marinara and cheese – spread evenly.
- Place pizza into heated oven. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until crust looks golden brown.
- While pizza is cooking – mix arugula, mixed greens, onion, and balsamic vinaigrette together.
- While warm, top pizza with salad mix. Sprinkle feta cheese over pizza.
This pizza is everything you need – the comfort and deliciousness of cheesy, saucy, pizza…with the healthy and freshness of salad.
Eat it. Enjoy it. Eat it again.