Fall is coming quick and I can’t contain my excitement!
Don’t get me wrong, I love summer – but i’m a big comfort food gal so fall food is my faaaaaavorite.
If you know me you know that I love soup, chili, stew…pretty much anything hot that I can throw into one pot and let cook with minimum effort.
As the weather starts to cool down, you can count on this chili to warm you up. It is the ultimate comfort food. Warm, tasty, and insanely easy to make. What more could you ask for?
To make this meal easier (if thats even possible), throw all of the ingredients into a crock pot and let it cook for hours.
I recreated this meal from one of my mom’s chili recipes. She always uses taco seasoning to give the chili a little spice – without having to throw in 10 different spices. Ortega taco seasoning adds the perfect mixture of flavors to this already flavorful meal. Instead of rummaging through your cupboards for all of the spices you forgot you owned, throw some taco seasoning in — it really is that easy!
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups diced sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 – 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 packet Ortega Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil, garlic, and onion over medium flame until translucent
- Add vegetable broth, sweet potato and tomato paste. Let cook for 5-10 mins in order for the sweet potatoes to start softening.
- Add quinoa, beans, tomatoes, chick peas & taco seasoning, stir & allow quinoa to soften (about 10 mins)
- Add a dollop of sour cream or cheese and enjoy!
Remember, if you recreate this delicious meal —- tag your creations with @dishesbyD!