It has been a looooooooong time since I’ve been able to sit in front of my laptop and share a recipe. But I finally have some free time and wanted to share one of my new favorites!
These are a (somewhat) healthy version of everyone’s favorite drunk snack: Totino’s pizza rolls. They are baked instead of fried, and made with wonton wrappers – giving them a tasteful crunch. I swear they taste like the real deal, maybe even better 😉
These can be made with any ingredients you can dream of. If you’re not into meat, go vegetarian. If you are a meat lover, add all of the meats you desire. I stuck to a classic meat, cheese and sauce recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoni
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package wonton wrappers (about 48 wraps)
- Cooking spray
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the Italian sausage, garlic, and onion. Cook until brown.
- Add in pepperoni until softened.
- Add in marinara until hot.
- Remove from heat, stir in the mozzarella, stir.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange wonton wrappers along cooking sheet. Spoon on about 1 tablespoon of filling to middle of wonton wrapper. Fold wonton wrapper in half over filling. Use fingers to create a crease along the edge of the wonton wrapper.
- Continue until baking sheet is full. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375° or until rolls look crispy.
- Blot with paper towel to remove excess grease.
I made these pizza rolls for a graduation party and they were gone within an hour. I hope yours come out just as delicious!
If you recreate this appetizer make sure to post it on the gram and tag @DishesByD.