Say that ten times fast.
Yes, it is as delicious as it sounds.
I am a huge fan of French Toast, but sometimes I feel like it’s too boring. This recipe called my name when I passed a cinnamon toast crunch box in the grocery store aisle.
It was a bit of an experiment, and I won’t lie, a few pieces were used as test subjects and came out a little burnt. But, I perfected it in the end.
It has the perfect amount of outside crunch, with the same inside fluff that we all know and love. (I added extra cereal on top for even more crunch)
Here’s a picture of it with a scenic background, because why not:
Anyway, I made this recipe for mother’s day brunch and my family loved it. So of course I want to share the recipe so everyone else can make their mothers, grandmothers, aunts, godmothers, whoever as happy as mine were!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One loaf of Texas toast bread (or any thick bread that you prefer)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Frying pan
- Any toppings you would like (Syrup, whipped cream, strawberries)
How to make it:
- Add the eggs, milk, and cinnamon into a bowl and whisk.
- Place the cinnamon toast crunch into a ziplock bag. Close and crush, using either your hands or a rolling pin. Crush the cereal to your liking – depending on how much crunch you would like on your french toast. I crushed the cereal until it looked like cookie crumbs. Then place into another bowl.
- Butter the pan and turn on the burner to a medium flame.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and then into the cereal. (Like you would for chicken cutlets, or meatballs)
- Toast the bread on the pan until golden brown on both sides.
I hope you and your family love this recipe as much as mine did! I would love to see your re-creations, so use the hashtag or tag #DishesbyD @DishesbyD on Instagram !