These baked potato fries were a childhood favorite of mine. My grandfather used to cook them for me every single time I came over his house (pretty much once a week) because he knew how much I loved them.
I still love them. So I decided to bring them back. I called my grandfather and asked for his expertise on how to make them. Let me tell you, they are exactly how I remember. Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. And above all, flavorful.
On top of all that – these fries are insanely easy to make!
- 4 potatoes (preferably longer ones)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (This is my favorite of them all, it adds so much flavor)
- Salt & Pepper
- After washing the potatoes, I like to microwave each one for about 7 minutes. This will get them softer, and easier to cut. However, you may also boil them, or cook them raw (if cooking raw they will need to stay in the oven longer).
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the potatoes into 4 vertical slices, creating “wedges”
- Cover the aluminum foil with the Olive Oil and rub the potatoes into the Oil.
- When the potatoes are covered in Oil, add the seasonings. You can add any seasonings you’d like, I recommended my favorites.
- Put the potatoes in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping half way through.
After cooking, I like to keep the potatoes in the aluminum foil. It retains the heat and the flavor.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I know they will be a family tradition in my home for many years to come. If you make these delicious snacks be sure to take a photo and tag @DishesbyD on Instagram!